I love Morro Bay and I support the direction in which we are going.
I am proud of what we have accomplished in the past 4 years and what we are planning to do over the next 10 years.
- We are building a new water reclamation facility that is going to convert wastewater into drinking water and replenish the Morro Bay aquifer. We will stop dumping 1,000,000 gallons of wastewater a day into the Pacific Ocean. We will become water-independent and drought-proof.
- We are updating our General Plan/Local Coastal Program and our zoning ordinance. That will lay out a blueprint for future development with significant input from the people of Morro Bay.
- We have built a Maritime Museum on the Embarcadero.
- We’ve hired a new city manager and begun a comprehensive program of economic development in partnership with the Morro Bay Chamber of Commerce.
- We are working with Castle Wind to develop renewable energy and a new industry for our City and our fishermen.
- We have embraced a strategic planning process that helps us develop our city in a thoughtful and methodical way – paying attention to housing needs, economic development and support for our local business community.
- We have annexed Dog Beach in order to keep it open and dog-friendly and we continue to work with stakeholders to protect the Chevron property as open space with recreational opportunities.
- We have updated our Tidelands Trust Lease Policy and we are using it to develop a Sustainable Harbor Plan that will replace aging infrastructure and develop a Working Waterfront.
My passion is to help my city prosper and grow.
My vision of Morro Bay is that we are a small town that takes care of its citizens and welcomes visitors.
We need to build a sense of community in Morro Bay, people finding common ground to build on for the common good. Collaboration is the key to success.
I value for Morro Bay its:
- Small town atmosphere
- Scenic surroundings
- Open space and parks
- Outdoor activities
- Small business owners
- Citizen volunteers
- Participative government
I want our city to provide a good living standard for the people who want to live here.
- Affordable housing
- A variety of businesses and entertainment
- Small town atmosphere
- Scenic surroundings and open space
- Outdoor exercise opportunities
- An affordable getaway for visitors